Projects IQ (Pty) Ltd
(“Projects IQ”, “we”, “us” “our”) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy and personal information. For the purpose of this clause,
“personal information” shall be defined as detailed in the Promotion of Access to Information Act 2 of 2000 (PAIA).
1. Scope of policy
- 2. User consent
- 3. Information we may collect from you
We will collect and process the following information from you:
- 3.1 “Submitted information” all of the information you enter when you log into the Service or complete a request to be contacted by us. This includes:
- 3.1.1 Telephone Number;
- 3.1.2 Company Name;
- 3.1.3 Job title;
- 3.1.4 Email Address;
- 3.1.5 Name; and
- 3.1.6 Surname
- 3.2 “Further Information”
- 3.2.1 If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence and/or ask for further information;
- 3.2.2 If you report a problem with our Service, we may keep a record of that correspondence and/or ask for further information;
- 3.2.3 In an effort to improve the quality of the Service, we track information provided to us by your browser or by our software application when you view or use the Service, including but not limited to, location data, other communication data and information regarding the resources that you access;
- 3.2.4 We may collect information about the phone, hand-held device, tablet, laptop, computer or any other device used to access and use our Services (the “Device”), including where available, unique device identifiers, operating system, browser type, network information and telephone number if applicable;
- 3.2.5 We may collect and process information about your location; and
- 3.2.6 When you use our Service, we may automatically collect and store specific information in logs, including but not limited to internet protocol (IP) addresses, internet service provider information (ISP), browser information and date and time stamps.
- 4. Storage and retention of your personal information
- 4.2 We retain personal information for as long as we reasonably require it for legal or business purposes. In determining data retention periods, Projects IQ takes into consideration local laws, contractual obligations, and the expectations and requirements of our customers. When we no longer need personal information, we securely delete or destroy it.
- 5. Access to your personal information and rights in terms of POPI
- 5.1 We respect your right to access and control your information. Once you have registered for the Service, you have the right to request that we correct, destroy or delete any of your personal information that we have processed in accordance with this policy. The personal information that you may request us to correct, destroy or delete is personal information that has been processed that is inaccurate, irrelevant, excessive, out of date, incomplete, misleading, obtained unlawfully or that we are no longer authorised to retain.
- 5.2 You have the right to withdraw your consent for us to process your personal information at any time. The withdrawal of your consent can only be made by you on the condition that:
- 5.2.1 The withdrawal of your consent does not affect the processing of your personal information before the withdrawal of your consent; or
- 5.2.2 The withdrawal of your consent does not affect the processing of your personal information if the processing is in compliance with an obligation imposed by law on us; or
- 5.2.3 The withdrawal of your consent does not affect the processing of your personal information where such processing is necessary for the proper performance of a public law duty by a public body;
- 5.2.4 The withdrawal of your consent does not affect the processing of your personal information as required to finalise the performance of a contract in which you are a party; or
- 5.2.5 The withdrawal of your consent does not affect the processing of your personal information as required to protect your legitimate interests or our own legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of a third party to whom the information is supplied.
- 5.3 You have the right to object to the processing of your personal information at any time, on reasonable grounds unless the processing is required by law, including the following:
- 5.3.1 if the processing of your personal information is not necessary for the proper performance of a public law duty by a public body; or if the processing of your personal information is not necessary to pursue your legitimate interests; our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of a third party to which the information is supplied.
- 5.3.2 if the processing is for purposes of direct marketing other than direct marketing by means of unsolicited electronic communications and you have not given your consent for that processing.
- 5.4 You have the right to submit a complaint to the Information Regulator regarding an alleged interference with the protection of personal information processed in accordance with this policy. The Information Regulator is available at
- 5.5 You have the right to institute civil proceedings regarding an alleged interference with the protection of your personal information processed in accordance with this policy.
- 6. How we use your information
- 6.1 Submitted Information:
- 6.2 Further Information
- 6.3 Disclosure of personal information required by law
- 7. Risks associated with using the Service
- 7.1 All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. However, the transmission and storage of information using the internet and servers is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, and will employ strict secure processes and security features, we cannot guarantee the security of data transmitted or stored using our Service; any transmission or submission of data while using the Service is therefore at your own risk.
- 7.2 When accessing the Service, anti-virus, security and privacy of information is the responsibility of the Device owner.
- 7.3 If you reside outside the Republic of South Africa, you understand that your personally identifiable information will be processed in the Republic of South Africa, where laws regarding processing of personal information may be less stringent than the laws in your own country.
- 8. Cookies
- 9. Third party sites
Our Services may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates (including, but not limited to, websites on which the Services are advertised). If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites and any services that may be accessible through them have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or for any personal data that may be collected through these websites or services, such as contact and location data. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites or use these services.
- 11. Contact
Ina King – Managing Director
+27 11 830 2132