Mining in Sierra Leone
Mining in Sierra Leone is an important source of
diamonds, titanium, bauxite and
gold, and has one of the world’s largest deposits of rutile. Together, these minerals comprise about three-quarters of the country’s total export revenue.
Africa Mining IQ, Africa’s largest online mining intelligence database, currently indexes over
25 mining projects in Sierra Leone as part of an intelligence database listing over
1 800 projects in Africa. These include 6 diamond, 5 gold, 11 iron ore, 2 nickel, 1 uranium and 1 industrial project.
Several of these projects are in the
bankable stages, and are currently tendering for project and equipment contracts as they gear towards extraction. Some these projects include:
- The Baomahun Project. With a project value of over R1.5 billion, the resource is estimated to contain at least 200 000 ozs Au. Reserves support an open-pit operation with an average annual throughput of 2 Mtpa over a 10 year production life.
- The Marampa Iron Ore Project. The R2.6 billion Marampa project has early stage cash flow potential from the 80-90 million tonnes of iron tailings at the old mine, while a JORC Mineral Resource of 680 million tonnes Mt at 28.2% Fe above a cut-off grade of 15% Fe over four deposits provides massive later hard-rock potential.
- The Komahun Project, Nimini Hills. With an exploration value of R132 million, the site has a Measured and Indicated Resource of 110 000 ozs grading 9.1 g/t Au and Inferred Resources of 435 000 ozs grading 4.3 g/t Au across a mine life of six years.
Track, target and record these mining projects with accurate information, updated daily, by subscribing to Africa Mining IQ!
An Africa Mining IQ subscription provides access to comprehensive, verified and up-to-date intelligence on Sierra Leone’s mining activities. Members can expect to receive the following benefits:
- Direct access to project management and decision makers,
key contact details per project guaranteed!
- Real-time reporting & statistics for mining in Sierra Leone
- Powerful search facilities ensure you exactly what than you’re looking for!
- Direct email notifications
of updates to mines in Sierra Leone
- Online collaboration and communication
- Accessible 24/7, 365 days a year
Mine with intelligence!
As Africa’s most comprehensive mining intelligence portal, Africa Mining IQ currently assists over 170 companies grow their businesses by providing essential mining industry data for mines in all phases of operation. The extensive database contains information on everything from location of project and capital, exploration values to key contact details on mining in Sierra Leone and throughout Africa.
Africa Mining IQ categorises all projects for mining in Sierra Leone in terms of
dormant phases for an easy-to-use information database.
Contact us today on
011 830 2132 to find out how to expand your business within the African mining industry!
|Tracking and reporting
in Sierra Leone is part of the mining intelligence service available.
Over 170 companies
rely on Africa Mining IQ to help them
drive business within the
Project Contact Information
Africa Mining IQ is the
ONLY mining intelligence database
that guarantees a key contact per
mine owner / project engineer or
project supplier. All mining
projects are carefully researched
and verified /by a team of
||Africa Mining IQ
Analysis reports delve into mining
project statistics such as number of
projects per region per phase and,
have been created for you to
download and use for tendering and
project tracking purposes.