Mining in Malawi
Target business opportunities, from equipment tendering to capital investment, throughout the Malawian mining industry with Africa Mining IQ – the largest online mining intelligence portal on the continent.
Be the first in line for
Africa Mining IQ holds the exclusive intelligence required when targeting mining in Malawi, including detailed, up to date information on the country’s
highest capital value projects!
Currently in the lucrative feasibility phase:
The Kanyika Niobium Project
- Capital value: 3 Billion Rand
- Construction period: 18 months
- Mine life expectancy: 20 years
- Mineral: Tantalum / Tantalite
- Bi Minerals: Coltan / Niobium
- Output: 3 million tons per year
The Songwe Hill Rare Earth Project
- Recently received positive pre-feasibility results (December 2014)
- Exploration value: 15 Million Rand
- Net present value: 2.7 Billion Rand
- Mine life expectancy: 18 years
- Mineral: Rare Earth Minerals / Metals
- Construction to commence in 2017
In addition to these two projects, Africa Mining IQ also has 10 other mining in Malawi projects currently listed on its database of over 1 800 African mining projects. These include:
5 uranium projects, 1 aluminium project, 1
coal mining project and, 1 monazite project, 2 rare earth mineral mining projects.
Stay ahead of the recent mining policy changes in
Malawi with Africa Mining IQ!
In December 2014, the Malawian mining landscape drastically changed when the process of reviewing the Mining and Minerals Act of 1981 commenced. The review aims to shift mining in Malawi towards a greater local involvement – calling upon local investors and equipment suppliers to have a greater involvement in Malawian mining.
A subscription to Africa Mining IQ affords you this industry Intel with:
- A full scope of all 12 mining projects in Malawi, from grassroots to fully operational
- Direct access to project management and decision makers,
key contact details per project
- Real-time reporting & statistics
- Powerful search facilities ensure you
exactly what you’re looking for!
- Direct email notifications of updates on mining in Malawi
- Online collaboration and communication with verified researchers
- Accessible 24/7, 365 days a year
What is Africa Mining IQ?
Africa Mining IQ is the largest mining intelligence portal on the continent. It contains over 1 800 African mining projects and is used by over 170 companies interested in growing their businesses in African mining. They do this by getting access to:
- Daily updated
African mining projects (not only mining in Malawi projects)
- 2 607 project suppliers contact details
- 950 mine owner contact details
- 494 project engineers contact information
Read more about the African Mining IQ advantage
Contact us today on
011 830 2132 to find out how to expand your business within the African mining industry!