Mining in Botswana
Mining in Botswana contributes around 40% of the country’s total gross domestic product (GDP), with large reserves of
diamonds, nickel and
Africa Mining IQ, as the continent’s
largest intelligence platform for mining data, provides a key gateway into these mineral reserves, with
over 80 mines in Botswana listed. Each of these listings includes
exclusive information and
key contact details on mine owners, project engineers and suppliers.
- Over 1 800 projects on record
- Track, monitor and
forecast trends and mine lifecycles
- Real-time charting, statistics and reporting – accessible
- Online collaboration and communication between stakeholders, suppliers and contractors
Debswana’s Jwaneng Open Pit Expansion Project in Botswana
Over 170 companies use Africa Mining IQ to grow their business in Africa!
Mining in Botswana: an overview
Subscribing to Africa Mining IQ provides you with access to comprehensive, accurate and up-to-date intelligence on mining in Botswana.
With close geographical proximity to Johannesburg and South Africa, mining in Botswana is served by a developed transport infrastructure that allows quick and easy logistics of freight.
Our mining in Botswana database currently lists:
- 25 diamond projects
- 14 coal projects
- 14 uranium projects
- 7 copper projects
- 5 nickel projects
- 2 gold projects
- 2 PGM projects
Our mining in Botswana database also includes listings for
iron ore, zinc and industrial projects.
With its gem-quality stones, mining in Botswana is famous for diamond production, with some of the
world’s most sought after mining projects! Debswana, the 50/50 joint venture between De Beers and the Botswanan government, is the
world’s leading producer of diamonds by value and is responsible for
over 70% of the country’s export earnings. The company has a capex of R3 434 259 968.
Africa Mining IQ holds exclusive intelligence on Debswana and its numerous mining and cleaning operations in the country!
Click here to find out more the Africa Mining IQ advantage.
With its extensive number of large diamond mines Botswana is a country of rich opportunity! Partner with Projects IQ
Mine with intelligence!
Africa Mining IQ categorises its listings in terms of
project lifecycle, providing an easy-to-access and navigate database for service and equipment providers in the mining sector. The lifecycle phases are defined as:
grassroots, pre-feasibility, feasibility, bankable, active, operational and dormant.
As Africa’s largest online mining database, we help
more than 170 companies grow their businesses by providing essential mining industry data that includes everything from project location, capital and exploration values, to key personnel and project developments on mining in Botswana.
The Africa Mining IQ advantage:
- Africa Mining IQ is the ONLY online data provider to supply you with key mines in Botswana contact details
- Access accurate data that will help you to grow your business within the mining in Botswana industry and greater
African mining industry
- Get real-time mining intelligence with advanced reporting, graphs and statistics
- Select and track relevant mining in Botswana projects
- Gain unlimited access to regularly updated and verified information
- Receive email notifications of newly added or recently updated mining in Botswana projects
- Calculate accurate Capital and Exploration Values with our built-in currency converter
Contact Africa Mining IQ today to expand your business within Botswana’s mining sector! Call us on 011 830 2132
or send us an enquiry here.