With regards to Kumba Iron Ore shares, Anglo American plc is the majority shareholder with a 63.4% stake, the Industrial Development Corporation of South Africa owns 13.1% and the remaining 23.5% is held by minority shareholders.

Kumba Iron Ore, in turn, owns a 73.9% interest in Sishen Iron Ore Company Pty (Ltd) (SIOC). The remaining 26.1% is held by 3 entities, broad-based black economic empowerment (BBBEE) shareholders – Exxaro Resources (19.98%), the SIOC Community Development Trust (3%) and Envision, an employee share participation scheme (3.1%).

Up-to-date mining intelligence on all mining companies in Africa, their projects and key contact details are available to local and global investors, engineers and suppliers who subscribe to Africa Mining IQ.

Access the most extensive list of mines in Africa

Projects IQ has over 1 900 projects listed on its database. This is an easy way to find African mining projects for investors and suppliers pertinent to their interests. For more information or to make an enquiry, complete the enquiry form.

Click on the links below to get additional information on some of the mining activities in Africa:

Kumba Iron Ore’s African mining projects listed

Mining Project Mineral Mine Phase Capital Value
Kolomela Iron Ore Mine (Sishen South) Iron Ore Operational R 8,499,999,744.00
Sishen Mine Expansion (Sep) Iron Ore Operational R 5,000,000,000.00
Sishen Western Expansion(Swep) (Railway) Industrial Completed R 1,200,000,000.00
Zandrivierspoort Project Iron Ore Feasibility R 0.00
Beeshoek Project Industrial Dormant R 0.00

Details on Sishen and Kolomela mining operations below

AMIQ can help you grow your business

If your company is listed on African Mining IQ like Kumba Iron Ore is, then the following information is easily available to investors and companies interested in investing in your mining projects.

  • Key contact details of mine owners, project engineers and contracting agents for every project listed – over 700 mine owners listed!
  • Capital value estimates that are updated daily
  • Detailed project updates that follow the progression of your mine, or any other mining project listed, from grassroots right through to operational

Tracking and reporting on mining projects in Africa is part of the mining intelligence service available to subscribers. Contact us today for subscription plans and pricing.

Sishen Mine Sishen

Located near the town of Kathu in the Northern Cape, Sishen is one of the largest open pit mines in the world – about 14 kilometres long. It is Kumba Iron Ore’s flagship operation and has sufficient reserves to sustain a 19-year life of mine.

Mining is conducted by opencast methods, with the bulk of Kumba Iron Ore’s production comes from this mine, the majority of which is exported. Sishen produces iron ore products to meet different specifications, according to customers’ specific requirements.

Kolomela Mine Kolomela Mine

The outskirts of Postmasburg in the Northern Cape is home to Kolomela Mine, Kumba Iron Ore’s newest mining operation. The name Kolomela means “to dig deeper” or “to persevere”, which is understandable as its life of mine is 25 years .

The following Kumba Iron Ore contact details available on AMIQ may prove useful for investors and suppliers

Positive Kumba Iron Ore news from its year end results, ended 31 December 2017, is that there was significant improvement in safety, productivity and efficiencies delivered over the period. Chief Executive, Themba Mkhwanazi, said that the company had delivered on its key objectives for the financial year under review, and that “most importantly, our safety initiatives resulted in a fatality-free year, with material improvement across our key indicators”.

The following leading companies use Africa Mining IQ:

 

PROJECTS IQ © Copyright 2018    Contact Us   Privacy Policy   Legal Notice   PAI Act   POPI

Projects IQ - Project Intelligence in Africa